Back to Homepage

Shepherd note: Mar 24, 2014 by Byron Palmer

March 24th:

Byron: Monday and Nate and I met at Petaluma to go over whether we going to receive cattle or not this week. We had rain in the forecast from March 25th until April 2nd. We were trying to balance not getting the cattle to the property too late so as to miss the prime vegetative part of the season with not wanting to make a muddy mess with the cattle in the rain. Due to the fact we had rain in the forecast almost everyday we decided to push back the arrival date of the cattle in Petaluma to the 2nd or 3rd.